Bangalore Metro Route Map PDF are an official file of BMRC, which is created to understand routes of Namma Metro for public. Bangalore is Known as IT capital and Silicon Valley of India. Bangalore is a south Indian metropolitan city have more than one crore of population. Bangalore is a globally known for the IT related business and many of the new companies or startups opening daily. Peoples from other states in India are arriving to Bangalore by train and flight by seeking opportunities of business and employment.
Bangalore also have a Metro network like other Indian cities, Delhi and Mumbai. The Metro network of Bengaluru is known as “Namma Metro”. “Namma Metro” is a Kannada word and it means “Our Metro” in English. Namma Metro or Bengaluru Metro are serving Bengaluru metropolitan since 2011.
Here, we are going to discuss about every aspects of Bangalore Metro in detail. Also, included some interesting facts of Namma Metro at the bottom of the article. You can download Bengaluru Metro Map PDF from from the download button given just below the article.
Bangalore Metro Route Map PDF Details and Image Preview:
|PDF Name||Bangalore Metro Map PDF|
|No. of Pages||1|
|PDF Size||111 KB|
|Category||Metro Route Map|
|Benefit||Plan Journey Through Namma Metro|
About Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited [BMRCL]:
Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL) is the authority and operator of Namma Metro. BMRCL is the joint venture of Central Government and Government of Karnataka. BMRCL is founded on 2007 and currently headquartered at Bangalore. Still BMRCL is working on expansion and development of new lines in Bangalore Metro. BMRCL is formed as a body like DMRC, and they can handle other mega projects in future.
About Bangalore Metro:
Namma Metro or Bangalore Metro started it’s operations from 20th October 2011. The first operated line have 6.2 km of length operating from Baiyappanahalli to Mahatma Gandhi Road. Bangalore Metro is the third metro in India and first underground metro in south India. The whole metro system is working on standard gauge. There have total six lines in Namma Metro Network. Purple line is the first operated line and green line are inaugurated on 2017.
During first stage of operation at 2011, BMRCL used three coached trains for operations. Later when metro become popular, BMRC added three more coaches to the trains according to the number of travelers. Currently, all trains on Namma Metro Network are running with six coaches.
Bangalore Metro is the fastest growing metro in India. BMRCL is working hard to extension of lines and development of whole metro system. It’s amazing that, Bangalore have a metro before Mumbai, the commercial capital of India. Metro inaugurated at Mumbai on 2014, that is three years after Namma Metro.
Bangalore have good road network. But, there is traffic congestion at the roads in peak hours. Every year, so many professionals are migrating to Bangalore for business and work purpose. This will cause increased number of vehicles also. The government is helpless here because they are unable to acquire lands for development of roads. So, one and only solution for these problems are implementation of more Mass Rapid Transit Systems. Bengaluru Commuter Rail project also approved by Indian railway and just started the construction process.
Now, Bangalore Metro lines are connecting with key destinations of Bengaluru metropolitan. The ridership also increasing with the extension. As per reports of January 2020, The daily ridership are more than five lakh and the annual ridership of 2020 are 174.22 million.
Bangalore Metro Lines List:
|Line No.||Line Color||Length (km)||From||To|
|2||Green Line||30.4||Nagasandra||Silk Institute|
Bangalore Metro Station List:
|Purple Line||22 Stations|
|Green Line||30 Stations|
Bangalore Metro Purple Line Station List:
- Swami Vivekananda Road
- MG Road
- Cubbon Park Sri Chamarajendra Park
- Dr BR Ambedkar Vidhana Soudha
- Sir M. Visveshwaraya Station
- Nadaprabhu Kempegowda
- City Railway Station
- Magadi Road
- Balagangadhara Natha Swamiji HOS
- Deepanjali Nagara
- Mysuru Road
- Rajarajeshwari Nagar
- Kengeri Bus Terminal
Bangalore Metro Green Line Station List:
- Peenya Industry
- Sandal Soap Factory
- Kuvempu Road
- Sampige Road
- Nadaprabhu Kempegowda
- Krishna Rajendra Market
- National College
- Lalbagh Botanical Garden
- South End Circle
- Rashtreeya Vidyalaya Road
- Jaya Prakash Nagara
- Konanakunte Cross
- Silk Institute
Interesting Facts of Bangalore Metro:
- Bangalore Metro is the third metro in India after Kolkata and Delhi. Also, Bangalore realized metro dream before India’s commercial capital, Mumbai.
- Bangalore is the second longest operational metro network in India. Delhi metro holding the first position in terms of length.
- Namma Metro have 83rd position in longest metro’s of world and 79th largest in terms of number of stations.
- First underground metro of south India.
- BMRCL allowed Hydrobloom company to to plant hydroponic plants at the metro pillars. The BMRCL aiming the beautification of the metro pillars through this move.
- After Delhi Metro, Bangalore Metro also started Rain Water Harvesting from viaducts of the metro lines. This is working on the basis of public-private partnership. The private partner, Karnataka Rural Infrastructure Development (KRIDL) will collect water at the specific areas. The collected water will treat through purification methods and sell it as a potable water.
- Yellow tactile tiles are fixed with normal time at metro stations to help visually impaired persons. Wheelchairs also available for aged persons. This moves makes disabled friendly Bangalore Metro.
- In Bangalore Metro trains, the seats are not reserved for ladies and aged persons. Instead of that, officials pasted a notice at every coaches saying please consider the seat needy persons.
- The trains of Bangalore Metro Network designed to accommodate more peoples.
- Implemented WiFi at stations and trains to overcome mobile network breakage when traveling.
Basic Details of Namma Metro in a Nutshell:
|Name of the Project||Namma Metro or Bangalore Metro|
|Owner||Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited (BMRCL)|
|Project Length||56.1 km|
|No. of Stations||52 Stations|
|Gauge of Track||Standard Gauge with 1435 mm|
|Maximum Speed||80 kmph (Currently operating at 65 kmph)|
|No of Coaches||6 Coaches on trains|
|No. of tracks||Two|
|Power Supply||DC through Third Rail|
|No. of Lines||6 Lines (2 Lines are only operational)|
|Ridership||More than 5 Lakhs daily and 174 million annually.|
|Project Cost on Completion||Rs 26,405 Crores|
|Headquarters||Bangalore Metro Rail Corporation Limited, III Floor, BMTC Complex, K.H.Road, Shanthinagar, Bangalore 560027|
Bangalore Metro Rail Network are growing day-by-day. We are expecting inauguration of under construction lines soon. The completion of the entire project is expected by 2025. The land acquisition and construction of Bengaluru Commuter Rail also started. Rail systems like Metro’s and suburban trains are the only solution for traffic congestion of Bangalore and other cities in India.
Download Bangalore Metro Map PDF from below and enjoy the journey. This map will help you to start your journey without any confusion.