Delhi Metro Map PDF is very needful one because, Delhi Metro have very vast network of transportation. The Delhi Metro Map 2023 PDF shared here are in High Resolution and official one from Delhi Metro Rail Corporation [DMRC]. Here we are tried to describe in detail about Delhi Metro. Also, included some interesting Facts of Delhi Metro just before end of this article.
We are given direct download link to download Delhi Metro Route Map at end of this article. Here we are shared the latest Delhi Metro Map PDF since, Delhi Metro is extending their network and adding new stations each year. We are advising you to download Metro Route Map 2023 PDF just after reading this entire information of Delhi Metro below. The Delhi Metro Route Map share here will update once DMRC will share the latest map.
Delhi Metro Route Map PDF Details and Image Preview:
|PDF Name||Delhi Metro Route Map PDF / दिल्ली मेट्रो का नक्शा|
|No. of Pages||2|
|PDF Size||1.19 MB|
|Category||Metro Route Map|
|Benefit||Plan journey through vast network of Delhi Metro rail|
About Delhi Metro:
The Delhi Metro is a mass rapid transit system on National Capital Region [NCR] of India. The Delhi Metro is well connected with all the satellite cities of Delhi, which is Noida, Gurgaon, Ballabhgarh, Bahadurgarh, Ghaziabad and Faridabad. Currently Delhi Metro is busiest metro in india and older metro in India after Kolkata Metro.
Still Delhi Metro have 10 color coded lines with 255 stations. This 255 stations which are at-grade, under grounded and elevated stations consisting in 348 kilometers of metro network. The 348 kilometers of metro rail are operating using both standard and broad gauges.
Delhi Metro Rail Corporation [DMRC] are operating more than 2700 services on daily basis which is starting on 5 AM and ending at 11:30 PM. More than three millions peoples are make use of Delhi Metro rail network on each day.
The Delhi Metro Rail Corporation [DMRC] are joint venture of Central Government of India and State Government of Delhi. Delhi Metro Rail Corporation is honored by United Nations for reducing 630,000 tonnes of carbon emissions every year at National Capital Region.
As per the reports of 2019, the annual ridership of Delhi Metro are more than 1.79 Billion. Recently, Delhi Metro are established interchanging stations between Gurgaon Metro and Noida Metro. At 2019, DMRC took over Gurgaon Metro completely and now it’s operations are controlled by DMRC.
Importance of Delhi Metro:
Delhi is one of the biggest metropolitan city in India have 3 crores of population. Mass Rapid Systems like Metro’s are very helpful in protecting urban Eco system of the metropolitan cities. As you know, Delhi is one of highly polluted city in world. Delhi Metro playing major role in reducing air pollution in Delhi urban area. Major benefits of Delhi Metro Rail are following:
- Reducing air pollution.
- Air Conditioned traveling at cheap cost. Very comfortable during confusing weather conditions of Delhi.
- Delhi metro are offering Safe traveling. Platform doors also installed on some lines.
- Time saving transportation. The road traveling is time consuming in Delhi. Metro trains are departing on each 2 minutes from every stations.
- One of well connected metro in world. Connected with all major points within Delhi and satellite cities.
- Playing major role fuel savings.
- Avoid high traffic on roads.
Delhi Metro Stations List:
16 Interesting Facts of Delhi Metro:
- Kashmere Gate metro station is only metro that interchanges with three metro lines. Kashmere Gate is a busiest station that connect with Red, Yellow and Violet lines.
- Janakpuri West metro station have tallest escalator in India. The height of escalator is same of a building have five floors, ie, 35.3 meters. Janakpuri West stations acquired this record from Mumbai Airport.
- Delhi Metro is 12th longest metro and 16th busiest metro in world.
- DMRC functioned rain water harvesting across all stations in blue line. This project helps in solving water water scarcity in metro stations.
- There have no dustbins in metro stations. But, you can see metro stations are always clean, even there have no dustbins. There have some dustbins around shops at metro stations.
- Hauz Khas Metro Station is the deepest metro station of Delhi Metro rail network. Hauz Khas metro station is 29 meter deepest from the earth.
- The highest point at Delhi Metro network are Dhaula Kuan Metro Station on the Pink Line. Dhaula Kuan Metro Station is situating on the height of 23.6 meter from earth.
- The deepest point of Delhi Metro Network is currently under construction. This point is situating under Rajiv Chowk station at 45 meter deepest from earth.
- Delhi Metro is very punctual on running services. Delhi Metro is 99.7% punctual on running their 2700 of their services.
- Delhi Metro is very friendly toward handicapped persons. They implemented yellow strips inside every station for visually impaired persons. Also, every stations have wheelchair facility, which helpful for disabled persons.
- As you know, sari are the popular dress among Indian women’s. Recently, DMRC implemented sari guard feature on escalators. Implemented this project to avoid accidents by sticking sari on corners of escalators.
- The first extra-dossed bridge is constructed by DMRC on Blue Line of Delhi Metro. This bridge is locating between Pragati Maidan and Indraprastha Stations.
- The securities of Delhi Metro Networks is currently under Central Industrial Security Force [CISF].
- Delhi Metro Rail Corporation [DMRC] are running 291 feeder bus service for connecting travellers to 54 metro stations. As per latest reports, more than two lakhs of peoples are using this service to connect with metro stations. The feeder bus services are introduced on August 2021.
- Ashram Metro Station is the smallest station in Delhi Metro network.
- An eight coached Delhi Metro train can allocate 2400 passengers. Each coach can allocate 50 seated passengers and 250 standing passengers.
Delhi Metro in a Nutshell:
|Operator||Delhi Metro Rail Corporation [DMRC]|
|Operation Begins on||24th December 2002|
|No. of Lines||10 Color Coded Lines|
|No. of Stations||255 Stations|
|Total Length||348.12 KM|
|Total No. of Trains||336 Trains|
|Top Speed||132 Km/Hr|
|Train Length||4/6/8 Coached Trains|
New Delhi – 110001
|DMRC Helpline No.||155370|
|CISF Helpline No.||155655|
The Delhi Metro is an ‘Engineering Wonder’ in India. All authorities and workers will deserving a applause for constructing a well planed metro like this. Anyway, you can Download High Resolution Delhi Metro Map PDF 2023 from below to understand your routes of traveling.