Hyderabad is an fastest growing city of South India. Hyderabad is more spacious than other South Indian cities. Now, many of IT companies and other firms are shifting their offices from Bengaluru to Hyderabad due to high availability of various resources. This shifting makes Hyderabad, new a hub of IT resources.
Hyderabad is the capital city of Telangana. As, mentioned earlier, Hyderabad is spacious city but the migration of professionals and other peoples makes Hyderabad a busiest city. According to recent reports, Hyderabad have worst traffic speed in India, but it’s better than Bengaluru. Hyderabad Metro is the highly efficient rapid transit system to overcome the irritating traffic blocks.
Here, we are going to discuss more about Hyderabad Metro and the detailed Route Map of Hyderabad Metro is available to download at the end of this article. It’s better to read the entire article, if you are going to travel through the metro network of Hyderabad.
Hyderabad Metro Map 2022 PDF Details and Image Preview:
About Hyderabad Metro:
Hyderabad is the second longest metro rail network in India as per operation length. It’s one of the first Public-Private Partnership (PPP) metro rail network in India. The shares of Hyderabad Metro Rail is divided between L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Ltd (L&TMRHL) and Hyderabad Metro Rail Limited (HMRL). HMRL is an initiative of the Telangana Government for controlling the metro network.
The thinking’s of establishing a metro is started from 2003, when Hyderabad is the capital city of unified Andhra Pradesh. As you know, central government divided unified Andhra Pradesh to two and formed Telangana. Then Hyderabad declared as the capital of Telangana state. Metro inaugurated at Hyderabad by Sri Narendra Modi, Prime Minister of India, on 28th November 2017, just after 3 years of Telangana formation.
The all credits of the development and implementation of Hyderabad Metro goes to L&T, a construction giant in India. Their decades of experience in construction utilized here for making a beautiful metro network. As per terms of PPP model, 90% of shares of Hyderabad Metro is holding by L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Ltd (L&TMRHL), a company formed by L&T. The remaining 10% is holding by HMRL, Government of Telangana initiative.
At 2017, Prime Minister of India opened a 30 kilometer length from Miyapur to Nagole for public. These 30 km includes 24 stations and Hyderabad Metro holding a Indian record of longest while began operation. The 66.5 km line are now operational with 56 stations and 5.5 km and 8 stations are under construction. The phase 2 of Hyderabad Metro is awaiting approval from authorities which have 58 km length as per the DPR submitted.
Hyderabad is also emerging in IT sector by conquering other Indian cities by offering more resources than others. We know, Google and Amazon have their biggest office in India at Hyderabad. The whole metro network is also planned as per speediest urbanization. The stations of Hyderabad Metro is constructed with long vision and all essential facilities want for a new generation commute. All stations are well connected with roads and relay services also implemented to take passengers to metro stations.
More than 3 lakh of peoples using Hyderabad Metro everyday. The six coached trains are introduced with a ladies coach on 2018. These trains are passing through the three color coded lines of metro, which is Red, Green, Blue. L&T and Telangana have a good vision on the extension because the ridership is growing daily.
9 Interesting Facts of Hyderabad Metro:
Let’s checkout some interesting facts of Hyderabad Metro.
- The Hyderabad Metro is biggest project in India implementing under Public-Private Partnership (PPP). Also, Hyderabad Metro project hailed as the best project in PPP mode in India.
- Hyderabad Metro ensuring the good transportation connectivity with metro stations. Bicycles are the major attraction in metro stations in terms of Eco-friendly and healthier options. Telangana State Road Transport Corporation (TSRTC) are running 50+ feeder services to key stations of Hyderabad Metro.
- Ameerpet station, a interchanging station in the network is the largest elevated metro station of world and biggest in India. The station is constructed at two lack square feet of space because Ameerpet is a busiest location of Hyderabad metropolitan.
- The first phase is implemented tactically and it’s covering all the major router and spots of Hyderabad city. Hyderabad Metro have well connectivity with railway stations, Rajiv Gandhi Cricket Stadium, Osmania university etc.
- Hyderabad Metro fully automated with Eco-friendly technology to reduce carbon emission.
- The phase one of Hyderabad Metro projects cost around 18,000 crores.
- A firm named Keolis International, conducted a survey on customer satisfaction of passengers of Hyderabad Metro. The survey proves that 98.5% of passengers are happy with Hyderabad Metro experiences.
- Prakash Nagar, Rasoolpura and Paradise metro stations on the network won Green MRTS Platinum Award of Indian Green Building Council’s (IGBC). This award proves that the L&T and HMRL always keen on obeying Eco-friendly construction methods.
- Hyderabad Metro Network named as the Best Urban Mass Transit Project by Central Government of India on 2018.
Details of Hyderabad Metro in a Nutshell:
|Name of the Project||Hyderabad Metro Rail Project|
|Executed Company||L&T Metro Rail Hyderabad Ltd (L&TMRHL)|
|Project Length||72 km on phase one and 58 km on phase two|
|No. of Stations||57 Stations|
|No. of Train Coaches||6 Coaches with one ladies coach|
|Gauge||Standard Gauge of 1435 mm|
|Top Speed||80 kmph|
|Headway||3.5 to 7 minutes|
|No. of Lines||Three – Blue, Green and Red|
|Ridership||Approximate 3 lakh daily|
|Biggest Station||Ameerpet (2 lakh square feets)|
|Power Supply||AC – Overhead Catenary|
|Tag Line||My City, My Metro, My Pride|
|Administration Office||Hyderabad Metro Rail Depot, |
Uppal Main Road,
|Helpline||+91 40 2333 2555|
|E-mail ID||[email protected]|
Hyderabad Metro is also known as L&T Metro and HYD Metro. Hyderabad Metro is a fine crafted project among metros in India. You can download Hyderabad Metro Route Map PDF from below and enjoy your journey at award won, Eco-friendly urban commute.