ITC are one of the biggest private sector company in India. We are using many products of ITC in our daily life. The products of ITC are spreading across all categories. The products of ITC are spreading across many categories of our daily life. Many of ITC products are leading in their category. ITC is a conglomerate company. Some other examples of conglomerate companies in India are Aditya Birla Group, Godrej Group and Tata Group.
ITC never need an introduction in Indian market. So, you can consider ITC Products blindly, if you are planning to start any hypermarket or retail stores. Many products of ITC are bestseller in their category at Middle East, Europe & Africa. Also, ITC is one of the topmost exporter in India and they are selling their quality products around globe.
ITC Limited is founded on 24 August 1910 & currently headquartered at Virginia House, Kolkata, West Bengal. Mr. Sanjiv Puri, Working at top positions at ITC for more than thirty five years are leading ITC Limited from 2015. Recently, ITC Limited elected as India’s most admired company on a survey conducted by Fortune India in association with Hay group. As per latest reports,
ITC Limited have more than 36500 employees. These number of employees are working on factories and administration network across 60 locations of India. ITC is always friendly towards their employees and they are spending millions for welfare of employees. Now, ITC are exporting their hundreds of products to 90+ countries worldwide.
Subsidiaries of ITC Limited:
ITC limited have subsidiaries among Fast Moving Consumer Goods, Hotels, Paperboards and Packaging, Agri Business and Software segments. Now, ITC Limited have 13 businesses diversifying across 5 segments. Some subsidiaries of ITC are following:
- ITC Hotels
- Classmate (stationery)
- ITC Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division
- ITC Infotech
- Sunrise Foods, etc.
Many brands are established under these five subsidiaries. ITC Infotech have global presence and have establishments in USA & UK. Classmate is a subsidiary never want a introduction among Indian peoples. Classmates holding 25 percentage of market share in stationary sector. One of the pioneer subsidiary of ITC Limited ITC Paperboards and Specialty Papers Division and clear winner in packaging sector for so many years.
6 Leading Brands of ITC Limited:
Savlon is hygienic brand of ITC Limited. ITC acquired Savlon on 2015 from Johnson & Johnson. Savlon is first 1000 crore personal care brand of ITC. As per reports of 2021, Savlon is india’s second largest hygienic brand after Dettol. Savlon emerged as Thousand Crore company within just five years of their Indian presence.
Bingo is a 2500 crore potato chips brand under ITC Limited. Bingo is third biggest company in potato chips segment in India. Bingo producing chips in various forms like Yumitos, Mad Angles, Tedhe Medhe and Tangles. Every products of Bingo have high quality and they are efficient to challenging towards Lays, leading potato chips in Indian market.
Classmates are very popular brand in India. Classmates holding more than 25% market share of stationary segment. Now, Classmates is No.1 notebook brand of India. Classmates also producing geometry boxes, pencils, pens, reminder pads, etc.
Mangaldeep is one of good brand among agarbattis. Mangaldeep is a challenging competitor to Cycle agarbattis. ITC is projecting good growth in agarbattis business within next few years.
Aashirvaad is a Rs. 4000 crore brand of ITC Limited. Aashirvaad is dominating wheat flour market from so many years. ITC Limited launched Aashirvaad on 27th May 2002. Aashirvaad Aatta are No. 1 in their segment. Aashirvaad also have many other products like spices, salt, masala.
ITC’s Vivel launched eight years ago have 3 percent of market share now. Vivel is leading soap brand in northeast and dominating one of first three spots in some of Indian states like Kerala, West Bengal & Odisha.
Six Interesting Facts of ITC Limited:
- ITC Limited have more than 200 manufacturing units across India. It’s all time highest among Indian companies.
- ITC Limited don’t have a owner name to show like Reliance showcasing Mukesh Ambani and Aditya Birla Group showcasing Kumar Mangalam Birla. ITC’s business is very professional and have zero percentage of promoter holding. That’s very interesting. Excellent performance of ITC Board of Directors makes ITC Limited as one of best conglomerate company in India.
- ITC filed over 900 patents till now. It’s an amazing number, but not surprising because ITC have countless products under each of their brands.
- ITC established as a British owned company. ITC converted to public limited company after independence of India.
- ITC Limited is a consistent performer of Fortune India List.
- E-Choupal is a project implemented by ITC to connecting internet with farmers. Through E-Choupal, ITC will setup an internet kiosk at landmark of the village. Farmers can utilize this facility to learn best practice to do modern day farming.