Police Verification Form are using to apply for police clearance certificate [PCC]. You know police clearance certificates [PCC] are one of the essential document, which is required during employment. In some cases police clearance certificates are required to traveling few regions of India.
Many states in India are implemented Police Verification Form online facility for obtaining Police Clearance Certificate [PCC] from respective authority. Delhi Police is a best best example for this. Delhi Police implemented online Police Verification Form very efficiently through their official portal. But, most of states of India are following offline method for submitting Police Verification Form application.
Police Verification Forms have one and only purpose, which is to check the specified person are not included in any police case and also he/she don’t have any criminal background. Then officials will issue a clearance certificate if applicant have no criminal background. The Police Verification Form may be online or offline. Check relevant website of authority to know more about this.
Uses of Police Verification Form:
As discussed earlier, Police Clearance Certificate [PCC] are a essential certificate which is mandatory for various situations across India. Now, Police Verification Form are using as application for PCC. Following are some situations , which Police Clearance Certificate are mandatory:
- Job purpose [in both government & private sector]
- During passport verification. Not compulsory in case of minor applicants.
- Marriage alliance
- During training or apprenticeship
- NCC/NSS students
- Army rally
- Visa purpose
- Child adoption
- For buying a property
- For business purpose
NB: Police clearance certificate are may be not mandatory during these situations. Officials or official notification will give you a direction on that. Your institute or purpose may have official format of Police Verification Form or Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]. Recommended to read official notification before proceeding with application submission.
Document Required to Allot PCC:
You have to submit some documents with Police verification form for proper processing of application.
- Aadhar card
- Voter id card
- Water bill
- Electricity bill
- Telephone bill
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Front page of bank account passbook
- Ration Card
- Rent agreement, as per section 17 of 1908 and have a validity of more than one year
All these documents are not mandatory. Mandatory documents are different in every states. So, ask for list of mandatory documents on your police station.
Apply Offline For PCC:
Following are the mandatory details to fill on every police verification forms:
- Name of applicant
- Name of Father & mother
- Address of residence as per address proofs
- Address of other residence in last five years
- Aadhar number & passport number
- Contact number & email id
- Purpose of police verification
- History of criminal records if have any
- Signature with date and place
Fill every details carefully and double check is recommended before submission.
Fee to Allot PCC:
State police departments have a fee for issuing of Police Verification Form or Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]. The fee amount will vary from ₹ 250 to ₹1500. Commonly the charges are within ₹500. You can pay fee through challan in offline mode.
- Step 1: Take a printout of Police Verification Form of concerned authority.
- Step 2: Fill all details and attach relevant documents.
- Step 3: Submit application at police station of your location.
- Step 4: Issuing of police clearance certificate [PCC] after proper verification’s.
Apply Online For PCC:
Some state police departments are introduced online facility for issuing of Police Verification Forms or Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]. You know, Online process are easy, transparent and corruption free. Following are the steps to apply online for PCC.
- Step 1: Visit official link of police department of your state.
- Step 2: Search for Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]-online application
- Step 3: Fill all mandatory fields with accurate details
- Step 4: Upload documents in allowed formats as specified in website.
- Step 5: Pay application fee, You can pay fee through debit card/credit card/internet banking/UPI.
- Step 6: Approving of Police Verification Form or Police Clearance Certificate after verification.
- Step 7: Take print out of PCC from your account at official website of state police department.
Time Taken to allot PCC:
The police department will takes few days to approve PCC after successful submission of Police Verification Form. There have no specific time regarding this. Normally, you will get PCC within 15 days. The authorities will takes more time if there have any problems in verification. You must aware that verification procedure are very important about police departments. Police departments are only allot PCC after proper verification as per their norms.
The applicant can consider approaching the department officials after one week if there have no updates on allotting Police Clearance Certificate [PCC]. For some states, have Fast track method for approval of PCC. The approving authority may charge extra payment to allot PCC through Fast track method.
How to apply for police verification form or PCC?
You can apply for police clearance certificate through online or offline mode. One of this modes is available available on your state police department.
Which documents are mandatory for police verification form or PCC?
The mandatory documents are different in every states. Please refer official website of state police to get list of documents. You can also visit nearest police station to get the list.
Is police verification form are mandatory for employment?
Your employer should inform you whether PCC is mandatory or not. But in most cases, the Police Verification Forms are mandatory