WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme are very useful for farmers of West Bengal. West Bengal introduced Krishak Bandhu scheme for providing financial assistance to eligible farmers across West Bengal. West Bengal Chief Minister, Mamata Banerjee introduces Krishak Bandhu scheme in January 2019.Agricultural Ministry of West Bengal is responsible for implementing Krishak Bandhu scheme through West Bengal. Now, Krishak Bandhu scheme are one of the popular and biggest scheme for farmers in India. Rhythu Bandhu scheme by Telangana government are another big scheme for farmers and two schemes are very similar.
- Features of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
- Objectives of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
- Benefits of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
- Eligibility Criteria of WB Krishak Bandhu:
- Documents Required to Apply for WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
- How to Apply For Krishak Bandhu Scheme of West Bengal:
There have an recent update regarding Krishak Bandhu Scheme. Recently, on 17th June 2021, Chief Minister of West Bengal relaunched WB Krishak Bandhu with few changes. WB CM Mamata Banerjee upgraded the assistance amount and renamed the project to “Krishak Bandhu (Natun)”.
Features of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
- Every beneficiary will get insurance on their crops. West Bengal government will pay premium for insurance.
- WB Government will allotted 1500 to 3000 crores in budget to give benefits for beneficiaries.
- More than 72 lakh farmers will get benefits under this scheme.
- Life insurance coverage also available during both common death and suicide of beneficiary.
Objectives of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
West Bengal government have few objectives through implementing WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme. Some objectives or aims are following:
- Eradication of poverty among farmers of West Bengal.
- To improve life standard of farmers.
- To protect agricultural sector.
- Increased production and economic growth of West Bengal
- Protect family during untimely death of the farmers.
Benefits of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
Government of West Bengal designed Krishak Bandhu scheme in the mode of getting financial assistance and some other benefits for farmers. At first we are looking to discuss more on financial benefits.
- Maximum financial assistance of Rs. 10,000/- per annum and minimum financial assistance of Rs. 4,000/- per annum. The eligible farmers will get this assistance in two equal installments. First installment will disburse in Kharif season and second installment will disburse during Rabi season.
- Farmers have one acre or more than one acre land will get financial assistance of Rs. 10,000.
- Farmers have less than one acre of land will get minimum assistance of Rs. 4,000. This assistance is subjected to pro-rata basis.
Life insurance for eligible farmers are highlight of Krishak Bandhu scheme. Now we will discuss on that.
- Ministry of Agriculture will apply Life insurance cover of Rs. 2 Lakhs on every beneficiary person.
- Farmers between age of 18 to 60 are eligible for the life insurance.
- The West Bengal government will provide one time grant of Rupees Two Lakhs to the family immediately upon death of the beneficiary
- These grant will be great financial relief for every bereaved family.
- Government will release insurance amount within 15 days of death of the beneficiary farmer.
Every benificiary under WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme will get a priority in State Government’s paddy procurement scheme. These scheme is successfully implementing by Food & Supplies Department of WB government.
Eligibility Criteria of WB Krishak Bandhu:
There are few eligibility criteria for applying for Krishak Bandhu scheme of West Bengal government. The following are the eligibility:
- The applying person must be a resident of West Bengal.
- The minimum age limit of applicant are 60 years and the minimum will be 18 years.
- The benefits of the scheme will get for both landowner and labourer at that land.
Documents Required to Apply for WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme:
Some valid documents are essential to apply for WB Krishak Bandhu scheme. The following are documents required:
Attested copies of valid identity proofs:
- Voter ID card
- Aadhar card
- Pan card
- Driving license
- Any other valid ID proofs
- Death certificate
- Krishak Bandhu card
- Attested copy of ROR
- Self declaration of applicant
- Legal guardian declaration in case of minor claiming
- Front page of bank passbook
All these documents are not necessary. Applicant must attach any one of ID proof, Age proof, Residential proof from above list. All others are compulsory documents.
How to Apply For Krishak Bandhu Scheme of West Bengal:
The application procedures for WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme are very simple. You have to follow some steps as mentioned above.
- Visit official website of Krishak Bandhu Scheme by clicking here. You will get a page like showing below. The you should select “Department of Agriculture” option from the menu.
- You will get a login page like showing below. Currently you are not a registred user of Krishak Bandhu portal. So, you must create a account in Krishak Bandhu portal to proceed with application. Then, Select “Sign Up” to create a new account.
- You will get a registration form and must fill some details here:
- Login with your user name & password at login screen.
- Krishak Bandhu Form will open up in front of you.
- Fill up form with relevant details.
- Upload all required documents.
- Submit application.
This is an complete online process. You can also apply for WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme through offline mode. At first, take a print out of Krishak Bandhu Form and then you have to fill this form and attach relevant documents. Then the applicant must submit these form and documents at nearest agricultural office.
Steps to Recover Password:
Applicant can follow this steps to recover password:
- Visit official website of “WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme”.
- Front page will open on your browser.
- Click “About Krishak Bandhu Scheme”.
- Click Login at upper right corner.
- Click Forgot Forgot your password?.
- You can type your email id at the specified field showing on next page. Then click send OTP.
- An OTP will receive on your email id. After verification you will get a window for changing of password.
- We are advising you to note password on a safe place. Then applicant can login with username and new password.
Helpline to Resolve Queries:
If you have any complications or doubts during applying of WB Krishak Bandhu Scheme, Then you can contact authorities of Agricultural Department.
|Helpline Phone||8336957370, 8597974989 & 621720406|
|E-Mail ID||[email protected]|